If you’re a #costumer or #cosplayer who has a few hundred thousand dollars laying around, well guess what! The original lightsaber prop that was used by Mark Hamill as Luke Skywalker in the original 1977 #StarWars film is being auctioned.
The prop, which taught millions of kids to make “zjoom zjoom” noises, is being sold for an estimated value of $150,000 – $200,000 by Hollywood auction house “Profiles in History” as part of a “Blockbuster Hollywood Treasures” auction that includes other items from the “Star Wars” franchise, as well as other classic film franchises as well.
Other items up for auction include:
- C-3PO’s hands from “Return of the Jedi,” estimated value of $40,000 – $60,000.
- Imperial Scout Trooper helmet from “Jedi,” estimated value of $100,000 – $150,000.
- An original “Star Wars: The Force Awakens” Stormtrooper helmet signed by Harrison Ford, Carrie Fisher, Hamill, Daisy Ridley and other cast, valued at an estimated $80,000 – $120,000.
- The green tunic worn by William Shatner’s Captain Kirk in the third season of the original “Star Trek” TV series, estimated to sell for $60,000 – $80,000
- The leather Jacket, pants and custom Reebok high-top sneakers, plus the Pulse Rifle and Flamethrower props worn by Sigourney Weaver in James Cameron’s “Aliens,” at an estimated sale price of $300,000 – $500,000.
- Other props being auctioned are from “Raiders of the Lost Ark,” “Terminator 3,” and the “James Bond” film “You Only Live Twice,” among many others.
The auction is from Dec. 11-13, 2018 in Los Angeles, California.